Jungle Trolls Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle Trolls Reborn

Survival role-play game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbe Guide (ingame)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

Newbe Guide (ingame) Empty
PostSubject: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 02:02

Good morning!

I suggested a Newbe system/guide implemented in the game as a skill menu yesterday.
IMO most people don't like JTR because you have to read and think ALOT the first times they play it, sadly even the tutorial isn't helping much there, although Gadina for sure did put some good work into it.
To relieve Gadina of the not directly JTR related work I'd ask everyone to contribute a bit. Further on for those who can speak Russian and are familiar with the Russian JTRR fanpage, it would be nice if you could ask there for help too.

Gadina, you have done already quite some basic guide at the official website, it would be nice if we could use it.

I have three suggestions:

a) We build up a online Wikia for JTR, with basic and advanced guides on the game mechanics and content. This should be noob proof.

b) We use those guides for an ingame tutorial that every player can consult at any point of the game.

c) Some other games show periodically some hints as on screen message, that would help too. I'd suggest that these message would be enabled by default and be disabled in the menu or switched with trivia for advanced players.

I know such things can't happen over night, but I assume 2 months and we have a nice and basic guide with some details for everyone.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 11:42

ElloElloEllo wrote:
Good morning!
a) We build up a online Wikia for JTR, with basic and advanced guides on the game mechanics and content. This should be noob proof.

This one would be splendid!

Suggestions b) and c) wouldn't be very effective though, because the player already gets too much information - from tooltips, from Old Troll notifications, from his troll and tribe trade notifications ("We haz crafted..."), from his troll survival notifications ("I'm hungry.").
If I make more notifications, he would play even less attention to the current ones.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 16:21

I offer my service to help with da wiki.

Generally I have offered my service for bug tracking and many other things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobiusservers.com
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 16:33

It would be perfect if you two start it. I'd help with whatever I can, but my time is best used for developing the game and fixing the freakin' bugs. But still - once the frame is built and I get it how it works, I'd gladly help filling the articles. It would be even better if we put links to the Russian guides (there are some good ones created by Russian players - I can invite them to join the cause).

But... I cannot reward you more than that - giving you troll names and maybe putting your names on the loading screen.

Hey! I just discovered this!
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 17:52

gadina_prokleta wrote:
It would be perfect if you two start it. I'd help with whatever I can, but my time is best used for developing the game and fixing the freakin' bugs. But still - once the frame is built and I get it how it works, I'd gladly help filling the articles. It would be even better if we put links to the Russian guides (there are some good ones created by Russian players - I can invite them to join the cause).

But... I cannot reward you more than that - giving you troll names and maybe putting your names on the loading screen.

Hey! I just discovered this!

Epicness. LEt us get started then, ElloElloEllo

I do not judge you by putting our names on the loading screen, but if you think we deserve it, you are welcome to do it.

I can't guaratee any work from me this weekend, but I will try to make a Hunter article.

I already have a wiki account. It's called Gubbyfishy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobiusservers.com
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 19:54

Ok, I'm traveling atm, I'll do some datamining as soon as i am back home tonight and got some sleep. I have already created a wikia this morning, but haven't filled it much else than some copypasta and fiction. I was waiting on your approval Gadina. Because I'd like to reuse some of your guides from the official page as the pictures for Jtr.

jungletrolls.wikia.com is the site.

Gadina, do you have by any chance already the game mechanics and statistics, creature, items trolls etc as tables or database?
Having this would save me some work from reverse engineering, but on the other side I might some bugs too.

As you might have already read, there are some things I am not sure about if it would just spoil the fun for newbies or not, quests, bosses, a comented map etc.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 06:01

So you have created it!

Yes, I can send you the files by e-mail or Skype.

But I should maybe take a look at them - they aren't updated with all following changes (especially about animal stats). But yes, my Excel database for JTR is quite big.

I think that spoiling isn't a problem - people usually don't read much in internet especially when everything is written Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbe Guide (ingame)   Newbe Guide (ingame) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbe Guide (ingame)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jungle Trolls Reborn :: Game :: How to play-
Jump to: