Jungle Trolls Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle Trolls Reborn

Survival role-play game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bug reports

Go down 
+29
TheMaxha93
SirMalum
StormTroll
Black_Beard80
iChaos
ADominion
Waj0
xandor
12OBIN
funAlways
KrunkZzZ
LeD3athz0r
vasak93
Wulfik
ElloElloEllo
benleboucher
Mustang
HunDoSlavus
Groundhawg
edddd
EvilChild
leso
NlmDth
mohamed_joker_
Chip
Rym
Kalgash
JAN0L
gadina_prokleta
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

Bug reports - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 13:25

Nice idea about the spirit, I haven't thought about that...
Nor about the possible abuse with the Heal. How are you playing you people?! Very Happy
I'll think how I can make the exploit impossible.

Btw, couldn't be used for anything triggered in game? If you begin throwing an axe and you don't, it should have its chance to apply a critical though... :/
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 14:30

gadina_prokleta wrote:
Nice idea about the spirit, I haven't thought about that...
Nor about the possible abuse with the Heal. How are you playing you people?! Very Happy
I'll think how I can make the exploit impossible.

Btw, couldn't be used for anything triggered in game? If you begin throwing an axe and you don't, it should have its chance to apply a critical though... :/

AS far as I know the trigger starts on the axe throw as once as you throw it in the air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobiusservers.com
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Towers and Staffs   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 21:50

I have mentioned the exploit with towers and staffs before. And i came up with something - instead of making staffs useable by towers - Totem of Horrors could be used to carry staffs and spellbooks. This would make spellbooks useable by all the classes. Just add a manapool to the totem which is used for casting then, opening up a whole new array of possibilities. Effects like regeneration, mass healing, invsibility and Ring of Ressurection. Also a nice array of offensive spells could be used 1-2 times every 5 minutes (with estimated 50 mana on the totem of horror). This would still balance with the need for a shaman, since the totem can only be crafted by him.
Additional thoughts:
- this ability could be added to the God's Totem too
- make Totem of Horror available for all classes in Voodoo Hut
- forget about the spellbooks and make staffs only useable by Totem of Horror.

I think i have found some other bugs too, although I am not that sure.

The amount gained by consuming troll meat and meat as ghost seems to be off by 50% health.

Malaria and Plague seem to deal switched amounts of damage to mana and health, dealing more damage than draining mana. Plague does 6(-1 regain) HP / 3 seconds on normal if i am not mistaken. I havent really tested it but it seemed odd. Might just have been the heat of the moment and that you can sleep mana back up and health not.

Ghost has no hero icon (never had one for some reason)
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Erratas   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 15:55

I have encountered some, what i believed, erratas with the displaytextonscreen that is used when you press a recipe without having the neccessary ingedients. Upon testing them i noticed that the function itself seems to be the problem. Some repipes overwrite the text of others, showing the right ingredients but not the right title. For example, if you press make Fur Boots inside tannery and have pressed Dagger before, dislayed text shows: "Troll: We haz no ingredienz for Dagger. We needz 1 Animal Fur and 1 Rope."
In Tannery that is:
Craft Fur Boots, Craft Fur Gauntlets, Craft Leather Boots, Craft Leather Boots Gauntlets
Erratas:
Troll Hut kit : "Me needz" instead or "We needz" in tannery.
Tannery: "4 Wood and 2 Pig Skins" instead of 3 Woods and 2 Pig Skins with basic crafting recipes.
Fishing Rod. "1 Wood or Petrified Wood, 1 Bone, 1 Rope and 1 Feather" instead of 1 Wood or Petrified Wood, 1 Tinder and 1 Feather.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 16:04

Some small bugs:

The merchant you get with ACTION mode desintegrates when you abort the structure.

Shotgun does not damage birds.

Remote Mine is not remote. Its pressure triggered and NOT detonated remotely.

I have managed to reach Zapper achievement with 128% without ever leveling up, in some other game I leveld up instantly by killing 2 trolls.

Errata:
Spears are not envonomed in Cauldron as written on the tooltips.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 17:31

I'm writing down these which are really bugs.
Some of the others:
- when feeding any animal/spirit, the full amount of health/mana is gained in two halves: first after 5 sec, the second after 10 sec;
- shotgun and flamethrower are meant to have only ground attack (I'll see the tooltip);
- remote mines attack automatically only trolls. They are expensive and I thought this way is better. For every other target they can be ordered to attack. How could I rename them to become more clear?

I can't remember - what's that exploit with the towers?

I have certain problems with temporary values which are overlapping. In notifications it isn't much of a problem, but for achievements...
And it is strange and shouldn't happen. When I set a temp value, it should replace the value contained before in the same variable... But slowly becomes clear to me the case isn't exactly as I thought Smile
I'll see about that.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 19:11

Oh, that tower post should be suggestions actually, my bad - But the exploit is that you can swap staffs through towers cancelling any cooldown on them. You can build an array of like 5 towers, 15 wood and use 2 staffs or more to cast 5 times Freeze and then after that 5 times lightning to kill what is left of your enemies. After that time the cooldown for the Freeze staff should be gone and you can do the same over.

That with shotgun was my fault , i was thinking of a hunting rifle with lead shots - I get now what you were intending with it.

Most of the other stuff are just Erratas, they arent even worth looking into as long there are other problems at hand.

About the mine, I was just working down my lists of notes, i did not intend to sound rude in any way. No the problem is that you need a trigger, like radiowaves to detonate sth. remotely.
So remote mine is a bit misleading, just call it Mine, Explosive Trap, Claymore or Bouncing Betty.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 19:17

Don't apologize o.O
I have copied a whole post and some other things and it could help me a lot to find what temporary values haven't been nullified before trigger use.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 11:43

Quote :
- The merchant you get with ACTION mode desintegrates when you abort the structure.

I see no problem with it - if canceled, it leaves a construction kit so it still can be built.
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 16:04

Of course. You need to know where you place your merchant shop kit or you miss the bonuses from it.

I've found a few bugs:

- Sometimes in fishing when catching an item/unit, you will get the message you catch the same unit/item again, but nothing will happen.

- The announcement for crafting lined sabretooth fur bootz says "We haz crafted Lined Wolf Fur Bootz!"
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 21:55

I havent replicated that bug, when i do I ll add a replay.

I encountered it after I placed the Greater Merchant normally, later in game dismounted it and then while rebuilding I hit abort to place it somewhere else.
Upon abort it just disolved without spawning a Greater Merchant Kit.

Some other game I sold a item and a random explosion without any effect appeared in my base. I guess that was the trigger from Ring of Ressurection.
Btw, what is the range of that ring?
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 07:41

When you click on the ring, the dummy unit connected to it is being moved to your location. It is invisible. This unit's resurrection ability has some limited range, so if you move in the meantime, you should press the item again so you can use the ability. Sorry, I had to do it this way to prevent the exploit and still keep it stable.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 18:24

Those flying sheeps are minions of the Evil Easter Bunny, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 19:18

ElloElloEllo wrote:
Those flying sheeps are minions of the Evil Easter Bunny, aren't they?

I encountered hundreds of flying sheep on the map today. Is this some kind of joke?! XD

-------------------------------

I am going to do a report on 5.1:

- New breeding system has proven to be a valuable asset to JTR. Animals no longer die out after 20 days, not even rabbits and raccoons.

- The increased breeding has caused a drastic increase in units across the map. I suggest lowering the lvl 3 animals to only breed 1-2, down from 1-3.

- Flying sheeps? Really? Are these on purpose? (Sheeps give xp so it's just free xp for trolls.)

- Crafting fishing bait has solved the problem for waiting days for meat to rot (Even if it's more realistic, but because of the script to create rotten meat does not need a day, but more, it's difficult).

- The increase in fishing speed has significantly improved every player's motivation for fishing, and is therefore now great.

- The new Hunter's rework on the taming has proven to be great. However, there is no feature to view how much "Taming energy" the Hunter has. I'd like to see this.

- The changes to "Choose your starting item" is a valuable asset, and has proven to work great (aside from the tannery bug in 5.1)

- Fatal and critical errors have been reported to occur way less than in versions below 4.8. Changes and reworks of some triggers and scripts may have reduced this. Good thing.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 19:29

No, please tell me WTF about those sheeps?!

You can see Taming energy as energy of your Hunter Crafting (just press C twice).

Again - how are these ships created? Where have you seen them?
The only spell that uses this animation is Hex, and it works for only 5 sec...
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 19:31

gadina_prokleta wrote:
No, please tell me WTF about those sheeps?!

You can see Taming energy as energy of your Hunter Crafting (just press C twice).

Again - how are these ships created? Where have you seen them?
The only spell that uses this animation is Hex, and it works for only 5 sec...

The fly around the map XD. I was the first to discover one in a game with others and then we found a second.

When we were less, we did the reveal map vote and we saw flying sheeps at many places. They fly around aimlessly.

New bug:

Sometimes, breeded beasts are neutral passive (Not hostile). This can be exploited on Antelopes since they can be targeted to use the "Change owner".
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 20:09

AND Bird's nests are hovering over the ground, I havent seen one mounted on a tree tbh.
This was just with my first testrun on Bnet with MMH.
Can we agree on adding the version we have encountered the bug AND the way/realm it was hosted on? I have the strong feeling that this is bot related.

Last edited by ElloElloEllo on March 24th 2012, 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 20:27

ElloElloEllo wrote:
AND Bird's nests are hovering over the ground, I havent seen one mounted on a tree tbh.
This was just with my first testrun on Bnet with MMH.
Can we agree on adding the version we have encountered the bug AND the way/realm it was hosten on? I have the strong feeling that this is bot related.

Then I ask you this: How would a bot interfere with a map's triggers?
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 20:47

It's the way the bot can manipulate allied status, team preferences etc, in lobby. There is a similiar problem with the team setups with another survival map on MMH, namely Island Troll Tribes. The teamsettings etc. are mixed up there too.
Since player 13 and following are a party too, they could be affected.
As i said I assume that this is the cause and restriced to the linux based bots of MMH, since this was not reported in normal games.

If you can add replays of other games with 5.1 and provide the way and realm it was hosted, I think this can be sorted out.
Also the previous encountered sheep at the center, I am not sure if I have encountred it on garena too.
This bug is in my view atm not critical to the gameplay, except the neutral antilopes.

EDIT:
Ok, i have only done two replays now. Judging from them, one (random) animals class can spawn some neutral level 1 units which are causing the later spawnings of flying sheep (map dummies), This can be seen in the first replay at the South East swamp area right below the Piranhias. At 3:10 a the first flying sheep spawns directly above the neutal Hermit crab. As I ve said before these are just assumptions. The second replay is just 1 player and with no spawning bugs.

http://ul.to/eecwy9pe
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 22:39

I played another game alone testing things.

I can conclude the sheep problem is not caused by bots nor the neutral passive mobs. This leaves you only to realms being a problem.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 02:22

Hm, that is strange because so far I have not encountered any other situation where these things happened. But I have to admit that these were just test and no real games, not even enough to judge if it might be related to some mode.

Edit: THANKS! That was actually helpful! I was wondering how it could be that I had a different result between other peoples tests and mine. That was really on the wrong track with the bots. I looked at the replay again to see what the other players did and saw one hunter attacking(possibly taming) a crab close to the moment the dummy spawned - I remembered one post where you said that you prefer to play hunter and I guess you have played that class too when you tested. I did 3 short runs with taming and the neutral units and the sheeps appeared every time at exact the same time I tried to tame an animal. The results went from aborting the taming and just spawning a neutral copy next to me, spawning 2 neutral copies randomly on the map and granting me a minor vision of them and third nothing obvious until I could see the whole map and find the neutral copies and the map dummies.

- it is unimportant how many players are in game or which player uses Hunter's taming ability
- the bug is not restricted to one animal or the first you tame
- neutral Copies of the tamed unit are spawned randomly over the map (maybe the designated spawning areas)
- it is not restricted to any realm or hosting method - appearing in single as in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 12:49

Brilliant work, Gadina! The sheep bug and neutral passive mobs are now fixed!

That's one major bug taken care of.

I haven't found any other bugs besides the tannery and spear bug...
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 13:46

Hey, the Tannery/Spear bug should be fixed too!
I even tested it!
And if it wasn't your help, I'd still be banging my head in the wall trying to understand why those sheep appear...
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 14:34

gadina_prokleta wrote:
Hey, the Tannery/Spear bug should be fixed too!
I even tested it!
And if it wasn't your help, I'd still be banging my head in the wall trying to understand why those sheep appear...

You know, I just played 5.2 today and you know what I saw?

I saw a neutral passive bear. An
d some flying shee
p.

Oh and yeah, my bad. I was just talking about the Tannery bug...Don't worry, it's fixed.

XD. The side effects of scripts and triggers...

I am not sure if it's a good idea to give vision in the middle to the old troll and voodoo merchant. I encountered I was about to buy a soul pact, and the other player on a different team just started spamming the Greatest Elixir.

-----

Bugs found for 5.1 and 5.2:

- You can't reanimate imperial crabs. Attempting just makes a River Crab.

- Tamed animals by a Hunter have Normal Difficulty health, but Easy Difficulty damage.
Back to top Go down
LeD3athz0r
Troll
LeD3athz0r

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 15:54

I believe this is a bug , that you cant use giant alligator eggs to craft the saman mask which gives 25hp heal and 1 hp/s regeneration rate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug reports
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jungle Trolls Reborn :: Game :: General Discussion-
Jump to: