Jungle Trolls Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle Trolls Reborn

Survival role-play game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bug reports

Go down 
+29
TheMaxha93
SirMalum
StormTroll
Black_Beard80
iChaos
ADominion
Waj0
xandor
12OBIN
funAlways
KrunkZzZ
LeD3athz0r
vasak93
Wulfik
ElloElloEllo
benleboucher
Mustang
HunDoSlavus
Groundhawg
edddd
EvilChild
leso
NlmDth
mohamed_joker_
Chip
Rym
Kalgash
JAN0L
gadina_prokleta
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

Bug reports - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2012, 15:20

o.O Why should the enchanted weapons be dual wielded?
This would only make sense for fiery axes, but i am not sure if this is really a good idea.

With fiery Axes you'd have a hideous high chance (50%) to stun your enemy until your next hit and 2-4x crit. Without gloves this would put the average dps with warrior to 45 pure damage from the dual wields.
Dual wielded Thunderclubs come to ~48 dps with 33% to stun for the next 2 attacks.
That is pretty much 50% chance to deal 90 damage before the target can react, with 50% that the enemy cant finish his attack before you stun him again and repeat that. Mad

The clubs would lose alot of their advantages with dual wield, as you can see below.

If you only use them normally with the abilities and with a shield Thunder Clubs deal about 36,5 dps. For Fiery axes its a bit more difficult to say since you have to throw them, but about 28-30 dps.
Back to top Go down
LeD3athz0r
Troll
LeD3athz0r

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2012, 14:43

ElloElloEllo wrote:
o.O Why should the enchanted weapons be dual wielded?
This would only make sense for fiery axes, but i am not sure if this is really a good idea.

With fiery Axes you'd have a hideous high chance (50%) to stun your enemy until your next hit and 2-4x crit. Without gloves this would put the average dps with warrior to 45 pure damage from the dual wields.
Dual wielded Thunderclubs come to ~48 dps with 33% to stun for the next 2 attacks.
That is pretty much 50% chance to deal 90 damage before the target can react, with 50% that the enemy cant finish his attack before you stun him again and repeat that. Mad

The clubs would lose alot of their advantages with dual wield, as you can see below.

If you only use them normally with the abilities and with a shield Thunder Clubs deal about 36,5 dps. For Fiery axes its a bit more difficult to say since you have to throw them, but about 28-30 dps.
but then you can wield a shield in its place , so it kinda removes the point of double wielding at all
Back to top Go down
LeD3athz0r
Troll
LeD3athz0r

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 18:17

when having more than one philosophers stone in the forge and clicking dismount or whatever , you get only the coins from one of them , all others dissapear. TL;DR dont use more than 1 philosophers stone in forge.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2012, 07:51

Okay, fixed for 5.5!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
Waj0
Troll
Waj0

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 12:28

Hi,
I have played 5.5 test version 01 recently. After an hour of playing, game started to be really laggy, war3.exe process has got more than 1GB memory (it started at around 200 kB). I have some screenshots of errors after the game crashed down. In previous version this used to happened much more later. So i guess some new memory leaks are there.
Another thing.. when froll hut becomes village it create the new hut really close to original one. After some time it looks like frolls like chinese or indian slyte of living (10 huts/village with no space betwwen them). I dont know if it was intention, it is just my observation.
Let me know if i can help you somehow.

Edit: image of frolls cca after hour and half
Bug reports - Page 6 Frolls10

Last edited by Waj0 on July 31st 2012, 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 13:38

After 1 hour 10 froll huts in one place?!
Then this is the reason for the lag. I should revise froll spawning rate.
Back to top Go down
ADominion
Troll God
ADominion

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 13:08

gadina_prokleta wrote:
After 1 hour 10 froll huts in one place?!
Then this is the reason for the lag. I should revise froll spawning rate.

Look like your very busy with all the new update ^^
i hope your doing fine.
i looked at starcraft editor some time ago but i think war3 is better because there are much more models allowed and it is more simple, i think starcraft2 is poor material for mapmaker... i didn't even try to create something there... too bad because terrain on starcraft2 is really nice.

how is the lag in JTR? did you manage to remove all the leak?
anyway good job for being still working on it and improving it everyday Wink
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 14:23

Alain! So happy to see you!
Nah, "every day" is a little bit too ambitious. Maybe "every week" or "every month" i s a li'l more accurate : ))
I think there is not much lag, but the unit count is still a problem. I solved it by reworking the herbs, but the froll villages seem to create too much units instead.
Star Craft was always a poor game considering the unit and ability types. Pity.
How are you lately? Now speaking Korean or Chinese? Smile
Back to top Go down
ADominion
Troll God
ADominion

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 07:14

I am fine ^^

well i can manage in Chinese somehow, but korean is a little more difficult since i spent only 5 month to learn it... and i forgot some since i came back last september :p

well even if you work on it weekly or monthly that's great, because you never gave up Smile
i usually work like crazy many hours a day, sometimes all day, and then after a week or a month, i just get disgusted when i face lag and big problems and then i just give up :p

it is so difficult to control how memory is allocated and how it work in war3, so hard to check how many unit(destructible,doodads) you can spawn and how it affect average computer Sad

i played star2 custom map and despite all the bad, what is great is that it keep in memory your progress on the map. in a td, i had written how many time i played and my best score in each mode and many other informations, if we could do that in jtr that would be awesome, but it is impossible to put jtr in star2, ability and model too restricted.

i bet the triggers are now much more complicated than when we were working on it :p
i probably wouldn't understand anything anymore since i didn't touch the editor for 1 year Smile
i wish you good luck anyway and i am happy there are lot of fans of the game.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 19:56

Happy too hear that about languages though (:
Chinese is also tough. My ex-girlfriend is studying Chinese and even will go to China these days for a year, so I've heard much about philology from her.
Btw, an enthusiastic Korean player asks to translate the map in his tongue. If 5.5 is good and stable, maybe... What do you think?

As for the map - no, I wouldn't say I've done too much improvements. This and that from time to time, only when I'm sure what I'm doing. You know me. And no, especially you wouldn't meet any difficulties in understanding the script.

About the memory problem - I'm considering to put an unit count check and if it exceeds 500, to start forest fires at random locations. It would decrease the load of destructibles (trees) and a few units... And maybe some troll village Razz
Back to top Go down
ADominion
Troll God
ADominion

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:38

gadina_prokleta wrote:
My ex-girlfriend is studying Chinese and even will go to China these days for a year, so I've heard much about philology from her.

when i first when 1 year in beijing to learn i had never studied chinese before, so i think to be able to speak well it would need 2 years, but if she has already studied it and is hardworking, 1 year might be enough for her to speak it very well.

gadina_prokleta wrote:
Btw, an enthusiastic Korean player asks to translate the map in his tongue. If 5.5 is good and stable, maybe... What do you think?

i think it would be nice because there is a huge starcraft and warcraft community in Korea, so many korean players who has problem with english language might be happy to get a chance to play it in korean.

gadina_prokleta wrote:
About the memory problem - I'm considering to put an unit count check and if it exceeds 500, to start forest fires at random locations. It would decrease the load of destructibles (trees) and a few units... And maybe some troll village Razz

well forest fire is good, because some challenge and random event always give entertainement in a game, but the burning tree might drop items? so many tree burning = many items dropped , and i think war3 is much more sensible on items count than on destructibles and units.
that's why i tried to find many way to remove items from the main map... by combining items in stack, by making space in building to put them in... the decaying of some items is a good way also to control item number... but what we can do about items limitation is quite restricted.
but if burning tree don't drop anything and burning animal too, then that would only remove lag, but some player might not be happy if a global fire trigger always due to overgrowth, because it would not be random but always set.. i dunno
maybe we should try some test to see what make the game the most unstable between units, items or destructible, by making a test map that produce items over time and count them until the game crash, and see what is the limlitation for items only, for units only, and for destructible only... to see wich is the most important to limit.

anyway i am happy that the game work better now, and that the lag is less a problem than before. :p
also adding new things keep the interest in the game, the only downside is watch out for lags and bugs...
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 18:33

I think the units cause the main problem and considering this, the Forest Fire isn't the best solution. But still, it might be an elegant way to improve the situation of a laggy map. It deals damage to trees and units and removes items every 10 seconds. Anyway, if it becomes a global disaster, it can be stopped quite easily by praying for rain at the Totem Wink
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2012, 15:06

Never expected to see A.Dominion himself here Razz

Still, nevermind.

Gadina, I think the scaring mechanic on spirits regarding lit fires has an issue in 5.5 Test 02 right now. It was not working properly last time an enemy spirit visited my team's fire camp.

Last edited by HunDoSlavus on September 23rd 2012, 12:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobiusservers.com
iChaos
Troll
iChaos

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2012, 10:28

Oh my, wrong thread!

Last edited by iChaos on September 23rd 2012, 10:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WRONG THREAD LOLOLOL)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WAFOOKO.XD
Black_Beard80
Troll
Black_Beard80

PostSubject: Game Crashes   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2012, 17:19

After playing for 5-6 min version 5.5 08 test version,game crashes with an error.....we tried to remake the game same results... i hope you can fix this!
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2012, 08:24

Do you have an idea about what specific action caused that? Can you send a replay?
Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Found 4 bugs!   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 02:59

Hey mon Exclamation

First I would like to add that this map is pure awesomeness... I downloaded Warcraft III just to play it.

Here we go. My bug report of "test 23" version:

1.First strange stuff is that only the Bloodspear tribe starts with a totem kit.

2.When I try to make a level 2 mace with the warrior with 4 or more bones in my inventory he always uses only 2 bones and decides to craft a level 1 mace. Sad.

3.When I was playing Hunter with my bird from "pet hut". I was scouting an Alligator's den. I decided to attack a rat near the alligator and did it. It just died instantly. But SOMEHOW the alligator managed to hit my air unit! And I could not create another pet from my "pet hut". It was as if was still alive but nowere to be found. I did Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 it before the attack and it won't appear in the panel pressing keys 1 or 2.
It was a level 3 alligator if I well remember. Could be 4.

4.When I get swallowed by surprise by a carnivore plant, when my troll manage to escape he appears in the last place of the map I sent him with the last command. There was a time that he just appeared in the other side of the map, as it was "moving underground".

Thats my bug report.

Dudes seriously. The map is EPIC. Keep it going!!!!!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Test version 25 bug   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 03:19

Hey mon Exclamation

I did not played it much yet. But the first bug I found in the "Test version 25" was when I was playing Goldtooth tribe, and in the end of the first night I decided to put the totem in some specific place to avoid it beeing auto-built in the start location.

But even doing that in the new second day another totem appears in the start location. And when its night it is gone. But somehow, every new morning in game it reappears, and every night its gone again.
Weird bug.

That's it.

See ya.
Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 13:10

Hey mon Exclamation

Found another bug in this "test version 25".

Sometimes when you reach 0 energy with your troll it does not "fall asleep". It can go around awake with 0 energy. And if you try to sleep it won't do it. And you get the message that the troll is in coma.

It gets like Heimdall... Unswerving agaist fatigue or sleep.

(It gets back to normal when you die)

That's all.
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 15:18

Thank you a lot!

Sadly, Totem/defeat/disconnect bugs are common in test 23-25, but they are known and worked on. Same goes for the carnivorous plant. Sleeping bugs are also known - they are the oldest in the game and we never fix them completely :/

The hawk has now a chance to suffer counterattack from a ground enemy, but what happened next is wrong. We'll see what is the reason.

I'll check about the club.

Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 22:38

Hey mon Exclamation

I found a bug with chainsaw! I was playing Inventor and got one. So I was little bored And tried to attack 2 bears and I dided for first time.

The chainsaw DROPPED in the ground. Weapons are not supposed to do this because its hard to get a good one. And Chainsaw is the hardest one to get.

It was not in final death. I had my phantom yet.

...dangerous.
Back to top Go down
LeD3athz0r
Troll
LeD3athz0r

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 20:15

well , if the none of the garena group noted you , i'd like to report a bug i found :
If you vote to reveal map , click cancel on the wisp that appears and you get the starting item item in your inventory.
Back to top Go down
ADominion
Troll God
ADominion

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 21:49

LeD3athz0r wrote:
well , if the none of the garena group noted you , i'd like to report a bug i found :
If you vote to reveal map , click cancel on the wisp that appears and you get the starting item item in your inventory.

thanks a lot... that's a new one...
actually i didn't check the reveal map vote trigger....i will write it down to fix this before new version is released.
good work ^^
Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2013, 04:43

Hey mon Exclamation

Found another dangerous bug. If you are playing warrior and you die "first time" holding DUAL WEAPONS... BOTH weapons drop...

Need fix this on Chainsaw too.

Thats it.
Back to top Go down
StormTroll
Troll
StormTroll

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 02:23

Hey mon Exclamation

Zombie Trolls are supposed to carry anything... but they CAN'T carry venom sacs from any poisonous animal.

=/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug reports   Bug reports - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug reports
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jungle Trolls Reborn :: Game :: General Discussion-
Jump to: