Jungle Trolls Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle Trolls Reborn

Survival role-play game

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions

Go down 
+32
StormTroll
ADominion
nurgles troll
Necrofulos
Black_Beard80
soulhunter10
LeD3athz0r
FaxLim
iChaos
KrunkZzZ
Ferlius
stjerry
alelil
vasak93
Unreal
JungleRat
Ragtog
mohamed_joker_
ElloElloEllo
indoplayer
Mustang
EvilChild
GothicMage
HunDoSlavus
NlmDth
leso
edddd
kubaf
Rym
Kalgash
JAN0L
gadina_prokleta
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

Suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 07:00

I will make the spirits as well balanced as I can. The idea of GothicMage is good, but I see it a bit complicated...

About the stuns: I should rework them, yes, but later. I will only change anacondas.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
EvilChild
Troll
EvilChild

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 07:58

Another thing I had to experience this day:
Hunter can have an endless number of animals. This is very unbalanced
because a shaman, warrior or inventor can never ever reach such force power.
The hunter doesn't even have to fight himself.

A maximum of animals would be very nice.
A rational idea: The animals can only be controlled (by the hunter) if the hunter is in range XXX, otherwise they can not be
controlled, so they just stay at their place or walk around a little bit. Lower crowd control and
prohibts to kill without fighting himself (like/dislike?)

I also noticed that the shaman needs very many mana stones to become really dangerous and
thats why it takes too much time to make all the shaman stuff. As a reslut the shaman's damage should be adjusted.
A hunter or an inventor have a big time advantage by comparison.
A warrior for example needs the following 'rare' materials for his items:
shells, oil, skulls, antelope horn, mana stones, feathers
The shaman needs:
lots of mana stones, lost of feathers, lots of different herbs

Maybe it would be good to make it easier to get mana stones (enchant stones? like demoic stone?)
or change the materials the shaman needs for his items.

An idea concerning the shaman's starting book:
Why not let the player himself decide which book to start with by giving him resouces. (only feather and parchment)
E.g. the 'fireball' book is much too powerful to begin with when you combine it with 'voodoo metamorphose'.
A 'regeneration' book to start with is kinda useless, anyway because you have your 'voodoo heal'.
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 19:51

My replies are in bold.

Quote :
Maybe it would be good to make it easier to get mana stones (enchant stones? like demoic stone?)

It's easy enough to get Mana stones. Just get yourself a mining pick from your inventor buddy. Or else you can use the dirty farm trick for gold and buy mana stones ._.

Quote :
Another thing I had to experience this day:
Hunter can have an endless number of animals. This is very unbalanced
because a shaman, warrior or inventor can never ever reach such force power.
The hunter doesn't even have to fight himself.

I can agree on this one. I play hunter myself and I just have giant turtles and aligators running around critting my enemies down.

Quote :
An idea concerning the shaman's starting book:
Why not let the player himself decide which book to start with by giving him resouces. (only feather and parchment)
E.g. the 'fireball' book is much too powerful to begin with when you combine it with 'voodoo metamorphose'.
A 'regeneration' book to start with is kinda useless, anyway because you have your 'voodoo heal'.

Regeneration book is okay. I once had a mate save me with it because voodoo heal wasn't enough. The player himself decide a book is not really what I find needed to change. The fireball book though, should be nerfed so it only inflicts 35 or 40 damage, down from 50.

Quote :
Last point:
Do you want the pig anacondas to permastun? It's kinda redicoules and annoing to die from that.

First of all, don't go out and engage those beasts. If you wonder why they are put to stun you, go read about anacondas how they kill their prey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobiusservers.com
Mustang
Troll

PostSubject: Re : Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2011, 23:53

i d like 2 suggest this : when u r cooking ( firecamp or cauldron ) regardless of the meat's amount it takes just 5sec it means 10meat and 1meat's cooking duration is same. what i wanna suggest is this ' how about make 1meat takes 5sec? like this : 2meat takes 10sec
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 22:05

Mustang wrote:
i d like 2 suggest this : when u r cooking ( firecamp or cauldron ) regardless of the meat's amount it takes just 5sec it means 10meat and 1meat's cooking duration is same. what i wanna suggest is this ' how about make 1meat takes 5sec? like this : 2meat takes 10sec

This was also something I was going to suggest. It makes no sense that cooking 1 piece of meat requires the same amount of time as 10.

But 5 seconds are far too much though. I know it sounds very realistic, but you need the meat also in the game lol.

If you say that 1 meat takes 5 seconds, a stack would take 50 seconds, which is almost a minute.

New idea! Praying to ze gods!

Increase a totem's mana regeneration by making your troll pray, making him unmoveable for 45 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Mustang
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 09:53

hm.. if u say so, how about per 1meat to takes 3sec?
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 19:24

Mustang wrote:
hm.. if u say so, how about per 1meat to takes 3sec?

Yeah okay...30 seconds for a stack is okay.
Back to top Go down
indoplayer
Troll
indoplayer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 13:32

i'm sorry if i'm disturbing you..
i can't find the right place to say..
i just want to ask..
how to get bronze bar..
i'm sorry.. i'm from indonesian, and i need your help..
sorry for wrong topic
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2011, 14:45

indoplayer wrote:
i'm sorry if i'm disturbing you..
i can't find the right place to say..
i just want to ask..
how to get bronze bar..
i'm sorry.. i'm from indonesian, and i need your help..
sorry for wrong topic

It's no problem for me.

Make a forge.

Put Stone and Flint in the forge.

Click the "Smelt Bronze Bar" icon.

Also, It's not the big problem since this forum does not even have a help thread yet.
Back to top Go down
Mustang
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 13:15

wat i wanna suggest is these things
1.make more beehives in the map - i think we don have many beehives in the map
2.remake the 'hot spring' icon that in the water
3.troll eat food though he is full give him some damage - when you eat though u r full u fill pain
4.rotten meat disappear in 4 days - rotten meat can rot again
5.make thirsty system(water) - we need water
6.berry bushes and beehives's food pick up system should be like goblin merchant system
it means berry bushes and bee hives's food can taken just see them in the far distance it should be troll approach them and then can take food

Last edited by Mustang on May 22nd 2011, 05:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilChild
Troll
EvilChild

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 20:06

I like the idea with thirsty system. You can use the supply system as you only need it for the hunter pets.

I think you can set the max cap of pets to one very easy wihtout the supply system.

My suggestions for thirsty system: If your trolls too thirsty you can not use sprint. (panic?; maybe rename it; in my oppinioin

"panic" does not make sense anyway) Or maybe you lose addtional energy/food/heat...

Furthermore you have an additional chance to miss attacks or fail to cast and you lose energy faster, if you are thirsty.

Maybe you can manage it to make the loss of energy dependent on the level of thirstiness.

If thirsty goes zero you die instantly. (hard mode)

Water bottles to save water for long distances. (I would suggest to add bags to the game, before you add thirsty system)

New ability "drink" (from lake/sea/river). The number of "thirsty-points" refilled by drinking depends on the quality of water.

(spring=mineralized water[makes your troll stronger -> + damage/health/energy]; river=normal water; sea=brackish water[brackish water

may makes you vomit -> you lose health/food/thirsty-points]; polluted sea/pond/puddle=toxic water [causes illnesses];.....)

You need water to cook in the cauldron. You need water for some potions. You can not extinguish fire camps without water.

You can built a cistern to save water while it is raining. Add building: "well" which goes dry as the sondstorm rages.

Well is filled faster while it is raining. You do not need to pray to the gods for rain,

because you can water your seeds/plants/(mushrooms?) now. Drinking water effects illnesses. You can poison wells (to poison enemies).

Another idea I came up with thinking about thirsty system. I present the NIGHT system^^

If it is night it is dark outside. Add new item: "torch"/"lantern"/"candle"

You need beeswax and tinder/rope for candles, oil and any bar for lanterns, wood for torches. (torch burns longer with oil/beeswax)

If it is dark outside and you do not have a torch or any fire/light the radius of sight is very small.

New animals which only appear at night (maybe invis+daysleep; -> other animals only appear only at day)

Night active animals fear fire at night. Some wild animals walk around to hunt at night so care at night. (hard mode)

There is a chance to trip without light at night. (causes stun/slow/injuries) (only hard mode)

If it is night you can not see the terrain through the fog of war. Hunter does not need some time to use his invisiblity and

moves as fast as normal. Mosquitos are attracted by sorces of light at night. Adjust the energy loss to the day-night cicle and

adjust the costs of troll skills. (higher degeneration, but lover costs -> you have to sleep once at night)

Apart from this, you should fall ill by toxemia if you are injured too long. (hard mode)

-> Makes regeneration spell book much more important.

As you maybe noticed I gave you a lot of suggestions for "hard mode". This would make hard mode a challange to survive even with a team

of 4 players. Perhaps you should add a new "trollolo" mode XD^^

Reefs in the water. Saling into a reef causes the boat to subside and the troll to die.

Towers are too weak!
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2011, 21:48

Quote :
Towers are too weak!

This buggers me a little. Towers are for scaring away boars and such with the wander ability.

You are meant to add items to the tower so it uses them, such as adding a poisoned spear to it.
Back to top Go down
EvilChild
Troll
EvilChild

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 17:19

Whats about feedback about my other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Mustang
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 14:52

EvilChild wrote:

i like ur detailed explaination Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvilChild
Troll
EvilChild

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 15:34

Mustang wrote:
EvilChild wrote:

i like ur detailed explaination Very Happy

Actually it is just what came to my mind in that moment...^^ but thank you!
Back to top Go down
Mustang
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 07:29

in addition to evilchil's thirsty system, portion that made in cauldron should be satisfy thirsty
Back to top Go down
EvilChild
Troll
EvilChild

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 13:01

Hm I would say some potions make you even thirstier some others the other way round.
And the the cauldron thirsty thing: I agree!

BTW There is no word for the opposite of the word "thirsty". There are hungy and replete, but the opposite for thirsty is still missing. In nearly every language,but Arabic and Hebrew as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 18:46

I have two demands: Either increase the cooldown or decrease the damage of the spellbook of Fireball. Decrease the chance for stun to 5% or reduce the duration to 2.5 seconds. Either I'd suggest 20 second cooldown or 35 damage.

I just came up with this. This is an idea for honey since honey is barely used in ANYTHING (at least I haven't seen any recipes with it.)

Honey Tea (Honey in cauldron)

Honey Tea - 15 food/10 sec + 15 energy/10 sec (10% chance to cure any disease, 50% to cure Flu)

Also, I never encountered the Flu. How do you get it, get in contact with an voodoo swine?
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: a small nummer of suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 03:50

Hi,
first of all a huge "Thank you" for keeping JTR alive, I really liked your last updates.

Playing it with quite some enthusiasm, I have some suggestions that IMO would be nice to have in the map.

Fishing pole: I love it, but having to make it in the tannery is really annoying, it should be a normal crafting recipe for every troll. That would make survivng for noobs way easier, even the extreme problem with food in hard mode would be nerfed. Sure, theres no space left in the normal inventory recipes, but that brings me to my second point.

Moving the Trolls Hut from Crafting to Workshop: Ok, many people will just say DONT DO THAT. But honestly tents are rather rare in the current gameplay and mostly underused. There is not much sense in wasting animal resources, except if you need the mana while traveling like you had in versions 3.X. Doing this would make the workshop a bit more useful to non Inventors as it would make the general use of tents more common at early gameplay. (This would also add some realism to the tent/hut building. secondly it would make space for the fishing pole as common crafting recipe. )
Very Happy

BUG/ANNOYING SYSTEM IN 4.3: I know you are working hard to make the map playable with alll the items spawning and trying to remove as much unneeded stuff to prevent lagging. BUT I am getting really annoyed losing items to the current removing system every day/night and night/day change - Oh man, !I have lost quest items, long bows, soul contracts, meat - which i really needed bad- and even totem kits... - I have come to the habit storing everything away, but still i cannot pay attention every moment to the current time. So it would be nice to have some timer, message before that system is triggered. E.G. you could display the message "Dawn is rising over the Jungle(or Night breaks over the Jungle). Beware of the item snatching sprites." - guess you could even use a small animation to play the items off. I am not sure if that is really intended this way or if its a bug happening. *PLEASE FIX THAT* - it is currently the most annoying "bug" I know of.
Shocked

Removing meat/bones: I liked the idea about the vultures randomly taking meat from the ground, BUT theres a more logical way to remove it, meat rots and gets digested by insects (rotten meat) so over some time it vanishes totally leaving hide and bones behind. And bones get absorbed and integrated in the environment too over time - except if you are in a desert, just takes longer -so it would be just normal too that the bones dissapear over a longer period of time too. (you could even go with hides along that)

Old aged animals: It happened to me the one or other time that animals disappear during a fight because they "die" of old age, why cant they just die like normal animals that got killed by a troll? Dropping hide, ROTTEN meat and bones rotting their way into the jungle's lifecycle (obviously this was done to prevent the map from getting poluted to much)

Luring animals: I always wonder why that bear next to my camp only wants to eat me and mot the meat that got dropped by my teamates in our base. Since they already have an inventory, they could just pick up the meat(rotten meat for omnivores) in a small area and consume it over time. Now I just have to carry enough meat to lay a trail to my enemies base for thoese 5 alligators, hahaha! *evillaugh* Twisted Evil

Poison: I find it a bit difficult that animals drop refined poison right away, maybe you should let them drop poisoned meat instead, that would be more plausible. This could have different effect, you can remove the poison meat item over time, like mentioned above. Daggers and spears could be still poisoned with using the meat (that would integrate the poisonous frog also to these animals). The poisonous meat could be refined in the cauldron, to create a poison with higher concentration to use in inventory with arrows or to create poison gas (which is in my opinion should be limited to the workshop/maybe the extract poison could be a skill for shaman).

Herbs/ Farming Gardens: I have come across many people who just mass herbs next to the merchant and water them with totem. Despite gamebalance of this, which is discussable - theres a bigger problem with it. People are creating huge lags by massing extract herb, mixing potions, extracting the herbs from afar - its no problem if its just 10-20 plants but it gets a real problem when people start reaping 40+ plants gaining like 200+ gold every 3 minutes. This should be nerfed, e.g. making the plants unsellable or lowering the selling price to 1 gold per plant (same problem is the the massproduction of potions). People are argueing that you could also just keep on cutting trees as warrior or just gather stuff and sell it, but that all takes way more time than just pressing rain twice and spamming the extract button on your grouped plants (mathematically speaking, with 20 plants you gain 80 gold per 3 minutes involving pressing some buttons from afar, while 80 gold by cutting is 40 trees or gathering 40 items taking your PLAYING TIME and more time overall).Yes, you could just winter those plants out, but that takes your totem mana and time - assuming you hit the buttons faster than your enemy.
Basketball Sleep

Achivements: Yes! Great idea, I love it. BUT as inventions, it is really annoying that your enemy knows what you just did, I really dont want him to know that I just have managed to get a giant shield or made a phlosopers stone with level 2 alchemy ;-/

Achivements: I had another thought on these achivements, If you could use a bit the system of "GO FIsh!" it would be nice to compete with your enemy tribes catching the biggest fish, etc. over a period of a week getting a trophy/quest reward. Also leveling the fishing skill would be nice, depending on the game difficulty/and skill you should have different chances on catching sth. You could also add items, like old boots that can be disassembled in forge for leather or tinder.

Signs: I would really like to put up my own signs around the game, putting up a sign in front of your base saying "I am just out killing the Big Bad Wolf, back in 10 minutes" would be just great. You could craft them with 2 woods inside the workshop and use for example a command like -sign [TEXT HERE] to modify the sign in slot 1.
lol!

Alternate death handicap: I remember an alternate version of JTR where the camera was fixed in a different lower and nearer ancle after you had become a ghost. This made orientation a bit more difficult and you had to work hard to find your way back to the totem. I have to admit although it made it harder getting revived I really liked that version.

Stationary catapults: Ok, catapults are rarely used, but IMO catapults as autonome units, moveable and selfreloading are a bit over the top. Ok, they aren*t as fast as a normal troll but still you can move them seperatly. My idea woul be to change them into a stationary unit that can be build out of the inventory, lowering the damage of drastically boulders (since this ammunition is way too easy to come by) BUT to make it possible to load different kinds of ammunition as Molotov and Grenades. Dissasembling should be impossible, preventing that it could just be rebuild with full hp. Also the range should be increased to balance the stationary disadvantages.

Stacking items: There are 3 items that i would like to see being stackable/more stackable. For one torches, enough wood and fire is until lategame already hard to come by, but why cant you stack them? It would be a great help to have a 5 or 6 stack of torches to get enough surveillance if you have an enemy that is constantly running from you during lategame. And torches being killable with 3-4 blows wouldn't be that bad.
Secondly, bones/fishbones. I know They have been a stack of max 5 since the early Jungle Trolls, but it makes no sense to me why you can have a 10 meat/bullion stack which is more helpful in game than a 10 stack of bones would be, considering food/worth even theoretical weight.

Return to Eden(Quest): There should be a possibility to reset the Jungle to the starting values during a very very long game, e.g. getting 4 recipes finished that drop from each of the four Bosses and then putting those 4 items you have created inside of the inventory of the Old Troll. Since it would need teamwork ;possibly even among different tribes; the quest cant be finished too easy and/or without the consent of another tribe.
cheers

I have also some new recipes that could be added to the inventions:
Spiked Barrikades (recipe, 2 wood, 4 bones) - weaker walls that deal a small amount of damage
Looking Glass (recipe, manastone, sacarabane) - increased vision and reveal on area (10000range/100-150mana)
Very Happy

Last edited by ElloElloEllo on July 12th 2011, 03:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sense)
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2011, 11:35

ElloElloEllo wrote:

-Snip- (You got yourself quite some text there.)

Wow, that's a bundle of suggestions.

At first I'd like to say that fishing poles should be a class-made Hunter item. I know that a fishing pole real life is not really difficult, but not every troll knows how to make one.

The second one with troll hut going to workshop, is a brilliant idea. I never used tents (Only Hunter's tent) because of the hide cost and 2 wood 2 stone is not really costy.

The third, well...I never actually encountered that. You sure you don't have an enemy hunter nicking your stuff in invisibility?

Removing meat and bones, A thousand times yes to that.

Old aged animals - I like it currently as it is because old aged animals dying would just overflow the map with items and no one would come to pick them up, but this thing works great with your suggestion above with the nature taking care of rotten meat and bone on the ground.

Luring animals - A bear senses life better than meat and it believes you are there to steal it's meat, that is the reason why it attacks you first.

Poison - Well...yes, that could do.

Herb farming - Yes, I hate that aswell. It displays many entities at the same time and increases the chance of a fatal error (Even though Fatal error is common in JTT, though no one surely knows the cause so far.)

Achievements - No, just no. This isn't a MMO.

Achievements #2 - No opinion.

Signs - That would be very difficult since you would mostly place a building or structure there, which is getting named off a command. That means that everytime someone places a new sign, a new custom unit is created on the map, which I never have seen on any map been done before.

Alternate death - No opinion.

Stationary Catapults - I see no problem with that.

More stackables - Yeah, should be like that too.

Return to Eden - I did not understand this.

New recipes:

Barricades - I like it.
Loop - Hurrrm....no. Just makes me feel like a far seer and just use some stupid vision somewhere on the map, then sleep, do it again etc.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Putting some things clear(er)   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 03:48

Quote :
The third, well...I never actually encountered that. You sure you don't have an enemy hunter nicking your stuff in invisibility?
Yes, i am absolute positive that there is something removing items at certain times in the game, i checked the replays - there's definetly nothing else there, the stuff just disappears into nothingness - even happened to newly spawned throughs at the old troll.

Quote :
At first I'd like to say that fishing poles should be a class-made Hunter item
I'd rather put that to either Shaman (since he is the only class really needing fbones) or Inventor. But thats just IMO, but I still believe it's rather useful as general recipe.

Quote :
Herb farming
Ha, got a even better one! Just use the same system that is used with berry bushes - spawning 1-2 units per day and using greater elixir for new plants. ok, that makes plants more valueable and they would need be more resistant. You could just use all three systems a bit, oilwell, berries and the mana increase from common plants. That would also again reduce the number of entinities.

Quote :
Luring animals
Ehrm, no, thats not the reason why a bear would attack you or come to your camp in the wild... but it was a rather unimportant idea - I just thought about planting a trail of meat to my enemies camp, but tbh it's of no real use.
*sings* "My meatshakes bring all teh bears to teh yard! Damn,right, yeah, dam right !" jocolor

Quote :
Achievements
Hmmm, you didn't get that one i guess. It was a hidden request for bugfixing. (with approval of the achievments)

Quote :
Return to Eden
I have to admit I tried to put too much in to a few sentences. Basically, I have encountered that at some point (very lategame) small animals are nearly nonexistant - especially bunnies, you so easily step on them during early game by accident ... wereas the bigger animals just keep on multiplying and multiplying - and that there is so much stuff lying around that you ll never use anymore. So I thougth it would be nice to have something to put the Jungle back to the state like you had it at gamestart, resetting all animals and all resources around the map to the point where you started the game - excluding ofc your buildings and owned units.
The lines explaining the quest were moreover a example how it could be achieved ingame - since it had to be not too easy to do as it shouldn't be manageable without the consent of the other teams. That is why I proposed that every boss should drop one recipe, which has to be build to get one of the four items you need to do this quest.

Quote :
Signs
No, i meant the same way as the signs that are already in game - they just use an icon that displays text in the GUI as tooltip. Alternativly this could be exchanged with a read sign icon, which then displays a text on the screen. TBH, this is as much just for fun as the lure suggestion.

Quote :
Looking Glass
10000 shouldnt be that far, 1200 is the range of a snpier gun - that shouldnt be a quater of the map at maximum. Sure you can discuss the range, but the idea was rahter to balance some disadvantages you have without a hunter in your team. For once hunting down a running/hiding enemy, secondly a hunter's bird parked up the edge of a hill, where you have no chance of gaining vision of it without having a bird yourself.

OH, there's something i forgot - there's a class in Island Troll Tribes that can use a sniff ability on bones/hides to track/get directions to enemies. Might be a nice addition to hunter's dog or even undead trolls .
"BRAAAINZ" monkey

Speaking of dead, I do like the ability to carry items as ghost - BUT dying has lost alot of its danger now - I'd suggest to either reduce the amounts/ability( like beats of burden/undead trolls) of slots that a ghost can carry ( about 4 slots should do for your really precious items) or having leaving him idle for some seconds ( the moment he takes to see the ligh and then to decide not to pass over yet)
Because i really hate it throwing my fiery axe affter a fleeing troll as last resort and then he steals it as ghost Sad NOFUN!

ALSO if there would be more natural ways to get tinder, spawnrate of items could be reduced more , since theres now a way to farm any resource (Cutting trees, mining, and killing plants for tinder (btw any shap object would do, not just axes))

AND i have to add that the craft engine button in the workshop is somehow obsolete - craft invention is actually the same in general - why didnt anyone else find that disturbing?
Back to top Go down
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 14:04

Quote :
(btw any shap object would do, not just axes))]

Thing is there aren't any other suitable items able to bring down trees efficiently hence why only axes can cut down trees.

(I never used an axe anyway when I am inventor, molotovs ftw?)
Back to top Go down
gadina_prokleta
Troll God
gadina_prokleta

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2011, 16:48

Hmm, but what do you think about moving the Tents crafting to the Hunter's Tannery?
And in its place putting the Fishing Pole as a basic crafting recipe?
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/jungletrolls
HunDoSlavus
Troll
HunDoSlavus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2011, 10:58

gadina_prokleta wrote:
Hmm, but what do you think about moving the Tents crafting to the Hunter's Tannery?
And in its place putting the Fishing Pole as a basic crafting recipe?

I am going to put my point from realistic matters and believe that the troll has no appropiate tools to start with to build a hut out of no where. Of course it's easy to stack stone and wood together but that's not really a quality hut?

My suggestion is, you leave the tent alone, do anything with the fishing pole you want (I earlier suggested it as a hunter class recipe.)

But the troll hut for workshop I'd say. Can't just build one out of no where.
Back to top Go down
ElloElloEllo
Troll
ElloElloEllo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2011, 15:35

Quote :
I am going to put my point from realistic matters and believe that the troll has no appropiate tools to start with to build a hut out of no where. Of course it's easy to stack stone and wood together but that's not really a quality hut?

WELL, .... same goes for Armory, Shamans Hut, Merchant etc....

I can understand Gadina there, huts are convenient in your gameplay, especially if you play on a high diffculty level.

BUT if it is just about making place for the fishing pole - i can live with a third crafting page or priority based like dagger crafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next